We’re loving 21 year old hip hop artist JaeFlu’s new music video “Next Up”. To learn more about the track as well as the journey that brought him to where he is today, we sat down to talk about the ways in which music can positively impact mental health and what he plans to accomplish in his music career!
1) You have a really cool story – what is it about the studio atmosphere that makes you feel more confident to release new music?
In the studio I feel like it’s my world an I have complete control over everything around me and can create anything. Bring a peace of mind to myself and help me get away from this crazy world of mine.
2) How do you think music can positively impact mental health?
Music can be therapy can help you express your feelings that you can just express so easily it’s a form of language that you can communicate to yourself and to other people out there in the world who can relate to you.
3) What do you hope to accomplish in your music career?
I hope to make my dream a career and have a ever lasting touch on the world from my music
4) Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
Partynextdoor , Rod Wave , Post Malone
5) How do you think being from Long Beach has influenced your music?
Just from the cold nice breeze from the beach to the varieties of people help you understand life an when you bring that to music it’s no limit to what you can do from being wavy to that gutter rap to straight r&b singing
6) Do you think artists have an obligation to be role models? And if so, why?
Yes, because if your song touches hearts or even relate to people your reactions to certain situations and outcomes will influence them too.
7) What artists are you listening to right now?
Rod wave , Roddy rich , Lil Durk
8) What can fans expect in 2020? Any new music?
Yes I’m working on another EP that should be dropping by Christmas
Watch “Next Up” feat. MiikeBlaze here.